Hazardous and Radioactive Waste Disposal in Grand Rapids
Hazardous and radioactive waste disposal services in Grand Rapids are offered by ADCO which is a one stop shop for all your waste management needs! We have made it our mission to offer waste generators in the Grand Rapids, MI area with all types of waste management services. ADCO offers waste generators in and near the Grand Rapids with cradle to grave waste disposal services for all types of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams generated by businesses, government entities, as well as industrial facilities. ADCO is even able to dispose of radioactive waste!
Disposal Options in Grand Rapids
ADCO’s specialty is disposing of all waste types with the exception of Class 1 explosives. Some waste management services we offer in Grand Rapids is disposing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams, profiling of waste into processing facilities, lab waste packing aka “Labpacks”, Oil and coolant pump-outs, even disposing of radioactive/nuclear waste. It does not matter if you are a very small quantity generator (VSQG) or a large quantity generator (LQG), we are here to assist you with your waste disposal needs.
ADCO can offer all types and sizes of USDOT approved shipping containers and can even help you locate a supplier you may utilize on your own to order your own supplies which will help save you money. Even if you find that you have a drum which is leaking, it’s not a problem either. ADCO offers overpacking options if your shipping container the waste is contained in is not roadworthy and in need of replacement.
Grand Rapids Has Disposal Options With ADCO
ADCO offers waste generators in around Grand Rapids with turnkey hazardous and radioactive waste management solutions. ADCO can provide service to businesses and government agencies as well as educational facilities throughout the Grand Rapids/Muskegon/Holland, MI areas and we are willing to offer advice on how to handle your waste keeping you in compliance with the regulatory agencies.
ADCO is often contacted by waste generators that are in very complex situations regarding how to properly dispose of their waste such as: having waste contained in drums considered to be of an odd ball size in nature, drums containing unknown contents, and projects where state and/or federal agencies have become part of the job. ADCO set its mission to be to properly manage your waste disposal project from beginning to end and dispose of your waste only at a fully licensed and insured waste processing facility.
ADCO Offers a One Stop Shop for Grand Rapids
ADCO’s staff can prepare your hazardous waste profiles and shipping manifests for you! We have created thousands of waste profiles for our clients and are very well educated with the entire waste profiling process which we know waste processors are constantly changing. Our staff knows that preparing the paperwork needed to ship out hazardous or radioactive waste items is very time consuming to prepare and can be rather confusing which is why we want you to know we can prepare your waste profiles and shipping manifests for you with your permission!
Even if you need assistance in obtaining a USEPA Site ID number which is needed to ship out most hazardous waste we are able to assist you in that process as well. Once your waste profiles are approved and EPA ID number has been assigned, we will contact you to schedule a mutually agreeable time to have the waste removed from your facility for disposal.
We Offer Grand Rapids, MI The Following Services:
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Lab packing / Laboratory Cleanouts
Non-Hazardous Waste Disposal
Radioactive Waste Disposal
Servicing Industrial Clients
Waste Remediation Projects
Helpful Facts Regarding the Disposal of Hazardous Waste in Grand Rapids:
1. Disposing of hazardous waste in Grand Rapids, Michigan, should be done carefully and responsibly to protect the environment and public health. Here are steps you can take to properly dispose of hazardous waste in the area:
2. Identify the Hazardous Waste: First, determine if the waste you have is considered hazardous. Hazardous waste includes items such as chemicals, paints, solvents, batteries, pesticides, electronics, and medical sharps. If you're unsure whether an item is hazardous, check the product label or contact the manufacturer for guidance.
3. Reduce Waste Generation: Whenever possible, try to minimize hazardous waste generation by using less toxic alternatives or recycling products that can be recycled.
4. Household Hazardous Waste Collection Events: The Kent County Department of Public Works organizes household hazardous waste collection events periodically. Check their website or contact them for information on upcoming events. These events allow residents to drop off hazardous waste materials for proper disposal.
5. Permanent Disposal Sites: Some permanent hazardous waste disposal facilities may be available in or near Grand Rapids. Contact local government agencies, environmental organizations, or waste disposal companies for information on these facilities.
6. Contact Local Authorities: You can also contact the local government or environmental agencies in Grand Rapids or Kent County for guidance on hazardous waste disposal options and regulations. They can provide information on disposal sites, drop-off locations, and any specific guidelines for disposing of certain types of hazardous waste.
7. Follow Guidelines: When disposing of hazardous waste, follow any guidelines or instructions provided by the disposal facility or event organizers. This may include packaging materials properly, labeling containers, and following safety precautions.
8. Do Not Dump Hazardous Waste: Never dispose of hazardous waste in regular trash bins, down the drain, or on the ground. This can harm the environment and may be illegal.
9. Recycling and Reuse: Whenever possible, consider recycling or reusing items instead of disposing of them as hazardous waste. Some materials, like electronics, can be recycled, and some hazardous materials can be safely reused if handled properly.
Remember that the regulations and disposal options for hazardous waste can vary by location and may change over time. Therefore, it's essential to contact local authorities or the experts at ADCO to get the most up-to-date information on how to dispose of hazardous waste in Grand Rapids, Michigan.
ADCO Environmental Services, LLC handles all of your hazardous waste removal needs and delivers effective and affordable service.