Hazardous and Radioactive Waste Disposal in Philadelphia
Hazardous and radioactive waste disposal services in Philadelphia have been offered by ADCO Environmental Services, LLC since 1965. ADCO has made it its mission to offer waste generators in Philadelphia with all types of waste management services. We offer waste generators in and near the Philadelphia area cradle to grave disposal services for all types of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams being generated at businesses, government institutions, as well as industrial facilities. ADCO is even able to dispose of radioactive waste generated by generators of radioactive waste.
Philadelphia Has Disposal Options!
ADCO’s specialty is disposing of all waste types with the exception of Class 1 explosives. Some waste management services we offer in Philadelphia is the disposing of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams, profiling of waste into processors, lab waste packing aka “Labpacks”, Oil and coolant pump-outs, even disposing of radioactive/nuclear waste. It does not matter if you are a very small quantity generator (VSQG) or a large quantity generator (LQG), we are here to assist you with your waste disposal needs.
ADCO can offer all types and sizes of USDOT approved shipping containers and can even help you in locating a supplier you may utilize on your own to help you save money. If you end up in a situation where you have a drum that is leaking, that is not a problem either. We offer overpacking options if your shipping container the waste is contained in is damaged and in need of replacement.
ADCO Offers Philadelphia Proper Disposal Options
We offer waste generators in Philadelphia turnkey hazardous and radioactive waste management solutions. ADCO can provide service to businesses and government agencies as well as educational facilities across Eastern PA and are willing to offer advice on how to handle your waste to keep you in compliance with the regulatory agencies. We have helped waste generators across the Philadelphia area in properly disposing of their waste.
Many times, ADCO is contacted by waste generators that are in very complex situations regarding properly disposing of their waste such as: having waste contained in drums considered to be of an odd ball size in nature, drums containing unknown contents, and projects where state and/or federal agencies have become part of the job. In 1965 ADCO set its mission which was to properly manage your project from beginning to end and dispose of your waste only at a fully licensed and insured waste processing facility.
ADCO Offers a One Stop Shop to Philadelphia
Our staff can prepare your hazardous waste profiles and shipping manifests for you! It’s true, we’ve created thousands of waste profiles for our clients and are very well educated with the entire waste profiling process which waste processors are ever changing. ADCO’s staff knows preparing the paperwork needed to ship out hazardous or radioactive waste is very time consuming to prepare and can be rather confusing which is why we can prepare your waste profiles and shipping manifests for you with your permission!
Even if you need assistance in obtaining a USEPA Site ID number which is needed to ship out most hazardous waste we are able to assist you in that process as well. Once your waste profiles are approved and EPA ID number has been assigned, we will contact you to schedule a mutually agreeable time to have the waste removed from your facility for disposal.
We Offer Philadelphia the Following Services:
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Lab packing / Laboratory Cleanouts
Non-Hazardous Waste Disposal
Radioactive Waste Disposal
Servicing Industrial Clients
Waste Remediation Projects
Helpful Facts Regarding the Disposal of Hazardous Waste in Philadelphia
Hazardous waste disposal in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, is regulated by local, state, and federal authorities. Please note that regulations and disposal options may change over time, so it is essential to verify this information with current and official sources. Here are some general guidelines on how to dispose of hazardous waste in Philadelphia:
1. Philadelphia Streets Department: The Philadelphia Streets Department may organize Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) collection events periodically. These events allow residents to safely dispose of small quantities of hazardous materials from their homes. Check the Philadelphia Streets Department’s website or contact them directly for information on upcoming HHW collection events.
2. Philadelphia Recycling Centers: Certain hazardous materials, such as electronics and fluorescent bulbs, can be recycled through designated recycling centers in Philadelphia. Check with local recycling facilities to see if they accept these items.
3. Philadelphia Department of Environmental Protection: The Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (DEP) oversees hazardous waste management in the state, including Philadelphia. Visit the DEP website or contact their offices for specific information on hazardous waste disposal guidelines and regulations in the city.
4. Licensed Hazardous Waste Facilities: There might be licensed hazardous waste management facilities in or around Philadelphia that accept hazardous materials from businesses and industries. These facilities are designed to handle and dispose of hazardous waste properly.
5. Registered Hazardous Waste Haulers: If you are a business or industrial facility generating hazardous waste, you must use the services of registered and authorized hazardous waste haulers to transport and dispose of your waste in accordance with regulations.
6. Pharmaceuticals Disposal: Properly dispose of unused or expired medications at designated pharmaceutical take-back programs or events. Many pharmacies and law enforcement agencies participate in drug take-back initiatives.
Always remember that hazardous waste can be harmful to human health and the environment, so it is crucial to handle and dispose of it responsibly. If you have hazardous waste that needs to be disposed of, contact the appropriate local authorities, waste management agencies, or the Pennsylvania DEP for accurate and up-to-date information on disposal options and requirements in Philadelphia.
ADCO Environmental Services, LLC handles all of your hazardous waste removal needs and delivers effective and affordable service.