Hazardous Waste Disposal in Columbus
Hazardous and radioactive waste disposal in Columbus are services provided by ADCO Environmental Services, LLC which is a waste management company serving The Greater Columbus area. ADCO can supply waste generators in the Columbus area cradle to grave waste handling functions for all types of hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams for businesses, government institutions, and industrial facilities. ADCO can supply you with a variety of disposal and treatment options for your hazardous and non-hazardous waste streams, as well as radioactive waste.
ADCO Offers Columbus Disposal Options for All Types of Hazardous & Radioactive Waste
ADCO’s specializes in the disposal of all types of waste in the Columbus area with the exception of Class 1 explosives. Some waste management services we offer are the disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes, profiling of waste into processing facilities, lab packs, pumping out waste Oil, and radioactive/nuclear waste disposal. If you are a very small quantity generator (VSQG) or a large quantity generator (LQG), ADCO is here to assist with your waste disposal needs.
ADCO supplies its customers with all types and sizes of USDOT approved shipping containers and can even help you locate a supplier you may use on your own where you can purchase your own shipping supplies.
Have you discovered that one of your drums is leaking? That’s not a problem. We can even offer overpacking options if your shipping container the waste is contained in is not roadworthy and in need of being replaced.
ADCO Is Here to Assist Columbus
ADCO offers its clients turnkey hazardous and radioactive waste management solutions for dealing with their waste. We can provide assistance to businesses and government agencies as well as educational facilities throughout the Columbus area and will even offer advice on how to handle your waste so you can remain in compliance with the regulatory agencies.
ADCO is often contacted by waste generators that find themselves in unique situations when it comes to disposing of their waste such as: having waste contained in drums considered to be of an odd ball size, drums that contain unknown contents, and projects where state and/or federal agencies have become part of the mix. Our mission is to properly manage your project from beginning to end and dispose of your waste only at a fully licensed and insured waste processing facility.
ADCO Offers A One Stop Shop
ADCO can prepare your hazardous waste profiles and shipping manifests on your behalf. We have created thousands of waste profiles for our clients over the years and are very familiar with the waste profiling process which is ever changing. We know preparing paperwork needed to ship out hazardous waste is very time consuming to prepare and can be rather confusing as well which is why we can prepare your waste profiles and shipping manifests for you with your permission. Once your waste profiles are approved, we will contact you to schedule a mutually agreeable time to have the waste removed from your facility for disposal.
Even if you need assistance in obtaining a site USEPA ID number for your location which is needed to ship out most hazardous waste we are able to assist you with that as well. We have guided many waste generators over our years servicing Columbus with obtaining an EPA Site ID number.
We Specialize in the Following Services in Columbus:
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Lab packing / Laboratory Cleanouts
Non-Hazardous Waste Disposal
Radioactive Waste Disposal
Servicing Industrial Clients
Waste Remediation Projects
More Helpful Tips for Columbus Waste Generators:
In Columbus, Ohio, hazardous waste disposal is regulated and managed by the Ohio Environmental Protection Agency (Ohio EPA) and the local government. The primary goal is to ensure the safe and proper disposal of hazardous materials to protect public health and the environment.
Here are some key points to consider regarding hazardous waste disposal in Columbus, Ohio:
1. Household Hazardous Waste (HHW) Disposal: The Solid Waste Authority of Central Ohio (SWACO) operates a permanent Household Hazardous Waste Center where residents may drop unwanted hazardous materials off. This is reserved for residents only and allows them to dispose of hazardous materials such as paint, chemicals, pesticides, batteries, and electronics. The center is located at 645 E. 8th Avenue, Columbus, Ohio, and is open to Franklin County residents.
2. Business Hazardous Waste Disposal: Businesses generating hazardous waste must comply with state and federal regulations. The Ohio EPA provides guidance and requirements for businesses to properly manage and dispose of hazardous waste. The agency has established regulations, permits, and reporting requirements to ensure safe disposal. If you are generating hazardous wastes it is important to review our article in our blog section about “Who Needs an EPA ID Number”
3. Recycling Programs: Columbus promotes recycling programs for various materials to reduce waste and minimize the impact on the environment. This includes recycling programs for electronics, batteries, and other materials that may contain hazardous components.
4. Community Collection Events: Occasionally, Columbus and surrounding areas organize community collection events where residents can bring their hazardous waste for proper disposal. These events are often coordinated by SWACO or local authorities. Keep an eye on local announcements or contact the Ohio EPA for information on upcoming events.
5. When dealing with hazardous waste disposal, it is crucial to follow the guidelines and regulations set by the Ohio EPA and local authorities. Improper handling and disposal of hazardous waste can pose serious risks to human health and the environment. If you have specific questions or require detailed information about hazardous waste disposal in Columbus, it is recommended to contact the Ohio EPA or SWACO for the most up-to-date and accurate information.
ADCO Environmental Services, LLC handles all of your hazardous waste removal needs and delivers effective and affordable service.