Hazardous Waste Disposal in Huntsville and Decatur
Hazardous waste disposal in Huntsville and Decatur, AL is provided by ADCO Services which is a full-service waste management company also able to dispose of radioactive waste streams. We have offered waste generators in the Huntsville area with cradle to grave waste disposal services for all types of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes as well as even radioactive waste since our incorporation in 1965. ADCO specializes in turnkey services for waste that is commonly produced at many different types of businesses, government agencies, as well as industrial facilities.
Huntsville Has Disposal Options
Since 1965, ADCO has disposed of almost all types of waste that can be produced by waste generators in the Huntsville, Alabama area with the exception of Class 1 explosives. Some of the waste management services ADCO offers is final disposal of hazardous and non-hazardous waste, profiling of waste into processing facilities, laboratory waste packing (Labpacks), Oil and Antifreeze disposal and pump-outs, even disposal of radioactive/nuclear waste. Regardless of you being a very small quantity generator (VSQG) or a large quantity generator (LQG), ADCO is here to assist you in your waste disposal efforts.
ADCO supplies all types and sizes of USDOT approved shipping containers to pack your waste into and can even help you locate a supplier you may utilize on your own if you choose to buy your own supplies from a separate vendor. We work with a variety of container distributors nationwide, and are happy to help you get in contact with the very vendors we utilize here at ADCO.
You may find yourself asking what to do in the event you have a leaking drum. Look no further, ADCO has assisted clients statewide that have had leaking drums. Our staff is well trained in the proper drum overpacking and handling process for packages that are considered to not be in “Shippable Condition” and in need of being replaced.
ADCO Is Here for You Huntsville
We are often contacted by waste generators that are in complicated situations regarding disposing of their waste such as: having waste contained in drums that are considered unique in size, drums/containers containing unknown contents, and then there are projects where state and/or federal agencies are now involved. ADCO’s promise has always been to properly manage your waste from cradle to grave and keep you in full compliance.
Huntsville’s One Stop Waste Shop
With your permission, ADCO can prepare your hazardous waste profiles and shipping manifests for you. We can take away the headache of having to prepare your waste disposal paperwork needed to dispose of your waste legally and let you get back to your other daily duties. Once your waste profiles are approved and your shipping paperwork is complete, we will contact you to schedule a mutually agreeable time to have the waste removed from your facility for final disposal.
We Specialize in the Following Services for Huntsville:
Hazardous Waste Disposal
Lab packing / Laboratory Cleanouts
Non-Hazardous Waste Disposal
Radioactive Waste Disposal
Servicing Industrial Clients
Waste Remediation Projects
General Guidelines Applicable for Waste Disposal in Huntsville:
1. Local Regulations: Hazardous waste disposal is regulated by both state and federal laws in the United States. In Alabama, the Alabama Department of Environmental Management (ADEM) oversees hazardous waste management and enforces regulations aligned with the federal Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA).
2. Hazardous Waste Collection Centers: Many communities, including Huntsville, have established hazardous waste collection centers. These centers are designed for residents and small businesses to safely dispose of hazardous materials. Common items accepted include household chemicals, paints, batteries, electronics, and more. You should check with the City of Huntsville or ADEM for information on the nearest hazardous waste collection center to you.
3. Household Hazardous Waste Events: Occasionally, cities organize special events for household hazardous waste collection. During these events, residents can drop off their hazardous materials for proper disposal. Keep an eye on local announcements and the City of Huntsville's website for any upcoming events.
4. Commercial Hazardous Waste Disposal: Businesses that generate larger quantities of hazardous waste typically need to work with licensed commercial hazardous waste disposal services. These services specialize in handling, transporting, and disposing of various types of hazardous waste in compliance with regulations.
5. Private Disposal Companies: Private companies may offer hazardous waste disposal services tailored to the needs of businesses and industries. They can assist with the proper handling and disposal of hazardous materials.
6. Waste Minimization: Minimizing the generation of hazardous waste is an important practice. Businesses and individuals should work to reduce the use of hazardous materials and adopt environmentally friendly practices whenever feasible.
For the most accurate and up-to-date information on hazardous waste disposal in Huntsville, Alabama, we recommend reaching out to ADCO Services so we can provide you with specific guidance on disposal options, regulations, and any recent developments in the world of waste management.
ADCO Services handles all of your hazardous waste removal needs and delivers effective and affordable service.